Angels of Mercy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Boo!
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:46 am by Yelta

» Week of 23rd
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 pm by Yelta

» Questions
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 am by Budo

» what are we raiding this week? :)
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 am by Yelta

» Star Trek
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:28 pm by Budo

» Post a random picture here
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:52 pm by Yelta

» Thursday, February 18
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:41 pm by Yelta

» Raid availability poll
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 pm by Yelta

» Raid Week beginning Feb 16th
General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 am by Yelta

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette

3 posters

Go down

General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette Empty General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette

Post by Kharii Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 am

Our meeting tonight was very constructive and I think we should probably just have a basic list of what's expected from us as raiders. Nothing seriously hardcore, but just some very simple points of what's acceptable.

- Be on time. If we're starting at ten, expect to get an invite at ten. If you are more than a little late (what amount of time is acceptable?) we will fill with other guild members or pug someone to fill the raid.

- Make sure you have everything you need to do your job. Ie. potions, flasks, food, drinks, reagents, etc.

- Make sure you're gear is gemmed and enchanted and you don't have any open spots in your equipment.

- If you need any help with your spec/rotation/tanking/dps/healing, ask your class leader, once we have them assigned. That's what they're there for!

- If you have a problem with someone, don't cause trouble for the raid as a whole. Speak privately with that person outside the raid, or speak with the raid leader about it. We are a social guild mostly made up of friends, and top priority is to make sure it stays that way. Progression is great, but a peaceful guild of people who enjoy each other's company is more important to us.

Anyone have anything to add to this or edit? I just wanted to recap our meeting for those that weren't there.
Kharii
Kharii

Back to top Go down

General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette Empty Re: General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette

Post by Yelta Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

I think we should build in 2 min breaks if possible, especially after several-in-a-row wipes or after long bossfights. You seem to get fewer random afk’s for bio breaks if everyone knows after this boss we will get 2 min. And/or perhaps some sort of soft cap on tries if we are all getting pissed from dying over and over without change in tactics. I’ve said it before, I don’t mind death, I mind recurring stupid death. I think most of us can tell if we are making progress each try, or if we are spinning our wheels.

We probably should elect a raid leader to make those calls Wink
Yelta
Yelta
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette Empty Re: General Raiding Guidlines/Etiquette

Post by Kaelkatar Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 pm

5 minute break every hour is the best solution that I've seen. Its long enough that people don't feel rushed, and often enough can wait until the next one most of the time unless something unexpected comes up. At the same time you need to make sure people are using it for what its for, and not leaving for a drink or bio during trash or something.

Kaelkatar

Back to top Go down

Post by Yelta Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm

I have stories about too many people afking during trash, and of people coming back 3 min into the 5 min break and starting pulling trash since a healer was back already. It went... poorly. Evil or Very Mad
Yelta
Yelta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down